Friday, June 1, 2012

Thursday and today.... I really need some better titles... any seggestions?

Hey!!!(I was about to say hola, but then I remembered, I'm done with Spanish forever!!!) haha:)
Yesterday I went to a YCL meeting/party to discuss some things that we needed to know right before camp. we learned some new songs, learned about all of the service projects that we are gonna be doing, and about our program that we get to do went we get there and also about all of these times and places that we need to be at. It was super fun!!! Only about half of the YCLs actually showed up, but that's okay, cause we can just fill them in. We also helped to construct the booklets that we get each year. They have all of our songs and our schedule and a map of the camp. This year we are going to a different camp than the one that I have previously gone to. It is much closer and nicer. practically not camping, in my opinion. in our old camp, we had a cement slab with cots and a tent that never closed all the way. and we had these showers/bathrooms that were totally gross and the only place that was air conditioned was the dinning hall. at this new camp that we are going to, we all have cabins which some of them are air conditioned, and a AC dinning hall, and all of the cabins have electricity, which in my opinion is only asking for trouble because then all of the girls are gonna want to bring their hair straighteners and blow dryers. I mean, the last camp was still hardly camping, but this camp.... idk. oh well. I guess it might be different when I get there for the first time. of course, I won't be able to blog :( , but I will post a bunch of pics and tell (you... who ever is reading this) all about it!!! :) 2.more.days.!!!.
Then after I got home from that, I went to one of my friends 16th bday party, it was super fun!!! it was like a mystery scavenger hunt. we walked around the neighborhood from 7pm-10pm and where looking for clues and deciphering a bunch of stuff. it was way fun! then we went back to my friends house and had food and dessert and opened presents and such. I got home a about 11:30pm :) hahaha don't worry :) all of this getting home really late has been throwing off my schedule! for the past 3 nights, I haven't gone to bed before 1am! but hey, what is being a teenager all about anyways? :)
So my mom has made me save all of my money and put it strait in the bank when I get it and I never though it would do any good until I just took out my tithing for the babysitting jobs and my mom deposited the rest of the money in my bank. she showed me how much I had saved up and lets just say that I feel like a "rich man" (it is no longer "oh I wish I where a rich man!") (where is that from?) :) I know its not really that much, but to me it is! SAVE YOUR MONEY! THEN YOU CAN GO TO COLLAGE! haha :)
okay, just one more thing: thank goodness for spell check, otherwise non of y'all would be able to read any of this!!!

4 comments:

  1. The camp last year had 53 stairs! It was really annoying because just to go to the bathroom, you had to go up and down a total of 106 stairs! I liked it better going down. :) I wouldn't consider this camping either, but it will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! Julie told me all about it! I'm glad that was just for the beehives :) jk ;) and I do agree, this year will be FABULOUS!!!

      Delete
  2. At the girl's camp I went to we had to bring our own tents and dig our own latreen, so I don't want to hear any whining. This sounds like a vacation spot. Have a great time. (movie: Fiddler On The Roof)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha you crack me up!!! Thats exactically what I'm saying! this camp is gonna be super easy and fun!!! only really hot. and yes on the movie quote :)

      Delete